Title: Business Development Officer
Full-time, 1 position
Openning: 2019-09-01 to 2019-12-01
Baydo Development Corporation is a professional land and real estate developer based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We specialize in the design and construction of condos, townhomes, apartment buildings, commercial developments, and single-family homes. Baydo and her sister companies currently hire more than 90 full-time employees. In the past nine years, Baydo and associated companies has invested over $200,000,000 into Saskatoon area, built over 1000 condo or apartment units, created over hundreds of job positions.
We currently have an opening for a Business Development Officer. The ideal candidate for this position will have many years economic analysis experiences, multiple years in senior management positions, excellent organizational skills, a positive attitude, and be willing to work in a young and vibrant office setting. If you have a solid understanding of economic analysis, policy development, marketing research, international client management, communication skills; as well as experience using MS Word, and Excel; this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Compensation will vary depending on the qualifications of the individual; and can be adjusted accordingly for the right person who is willing to grow in the roll and take on additional responsibility. Compensation will include a full benefits package (ie. health, dental, life insurance) as well as a staff purchase program which can help you own your own home.
- At least 5 years of experience in economics, management, or a related discipline;
- At least bachelor’s degree in economics or equivalent education; Master or Doctor degree in economics will be preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Good reading, written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good Chinese Mandarin is a bonus since Baydo deals lots of international transactions with China;
- Knowledge of general economics and management practices;
- General knowledge of the real estate industry including residential and commercial rental properties
Daily tasks to include:
- Provide the general administrative support to the office;
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote real-estate investments in Saskatoon and surround areas;
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles;
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends;
- Design market research questionnaires;
- Conduct market research and provide information, including housing market condition, demographics, economics, competitors etc. for various potential new markets;
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract local and international capitals from investors;
- Review and evaluate rental properties development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval;